In the initial release announcement I have promised to focus on calendar support. Unfortunately I haven’t had that much time for development as I initially anticipated. In the meantime some early adopters have uncovered a number of issues that have since been fixed. In order to deliver those fixes I have decided to issue a bugfix release (0.8.1).
This release doesn’t bring any significant new features to the Akonadi EWS Resource. The most important changes include:
- Improved collection tree retrieval:
- Fixed full collection tree synchronisation for some servers (bug #2).
- Fixed incremental collection tree synchronisation.
- Reduced the number of full collection tree retrievals by keeping the state persistent.
- Fixed Qt 5.7 compatibility
- Fixed crash upon encountering a distribution list item (bug #7).
- Improved behaviour in case of temporary server connection loss.
- Added option to customise User Agent string sent to the server.
- Added option to enable NTLMv2 authentication.
- Allow specifying an empty domain name (bug #3). Requires KF 5.28 to have any effect.
- Fixed dates when copying items from other resources to the Sent Items folder (bug #5).
- Improved batch item retrieval performance (will be effective with KDE Applications 16.12).
- Add synchronisation of collection tree upon connection. Fixes empty collection tree after adding a new resource until a manual mail fetch is triggered (bug #15).
As promised before I intend to focus on calendar support and hope to get it running in the next release.